March 5, 2024

A 25-year-old woman with a severe peanut allergy died in New York City after eating cookies that were not labeled as containing peanuts — as required by law.

Órla Baxendale, a UK-born dancer who had moved to New York to pursue her career, had reportedly eaten Vanilla Florentine Cookies, made by Cookies United, earlier this month. — Read the rest

The post New York dancer, 25, dies from peanut allergy after eating cookies that didn't label the peanuts appeared first on Boing Boing.